Part Time to Full Time
-Dedicated and Hard Working
-Ability to work well with others
-Excellent Customer Service and Communications skills
-Strong work ethic
-Flexibility to work in all areas of the store
-Knowledge of Garden Center merchandise is helpful
-Knowledge of Forklift and pallet jack operation is helpful
-Physically able to lift 50lbs.+ frequently
-Good driving record
-Available on weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- Previous experience (1-3 years) at another landscape architecture firm preferred, but not required
- Exceptional graphic skills and proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D and Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Experience with M-Color, SketchUp, and GIS software preferred
- Experience creating free hand and digital graphics
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
- Team player with flexibility and resourcefulness, who thrives in a collaborative environment and able to work independently
- Work collaboratively on both planning and landscape architecture projects as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of landscape architects, planners, and designers.
- Work directly with the Project Manager to engage in all aspects of the design process including analysis, exploration of conceptual ideas, design development, documentation, and construction administration.
- Develop site and landscape plans and specifications for residential and commercial development
- Creation of presentation graphics including computer generated plan / perspective renderings, and sections
- Assist in preparation, coordination, and completion of construction documents
- Develop creative and innovative technical solutions to complex design problems
- Communicate design ideas both graphically and orally, and to contribute to the development of design concepts
- Assist in marketing efforts
- Assist the Landscape Foreman in overseeing landscape and outdoor living projects from conception to completion.
- Work with landscape designer and foreman to ensure design, scheduling, materials, etc. for projects.
- Play an integral role in design-build projects to ensure they are in line with project goals.
- Assist in the coordination of multiple crews on homes to ensure that work is completed in accordance with plans and specifications as well as the clients’ expectations.
- Maintain and improve long-term relationships with clients and home builders.
- Representing the company, interfacing and building relationships with homeowners, home builders and subcontractors.
- Inspect all field work; analyze and resolve problems
We are looking for a professional, knowledgeable, horticulturally-trained leader with an eye for detail and exceptional time management skills to care for all horticultural and grounds management aspects of a portfolio of estate homes and Class-A commercial properties in the Amarillo area. The successful candidate will be well-versed in the care of trees, shrubs, perennials, warm-season and cool-season turf, and annual flowers, including pruning, deadheading, integrated pest management, mulching, fertilizing, and other seasonal tasks to be performed in all types of weather. The candidate must be a strong communicator, able to interact with the public, the client, provide updates and reports to their manager, and lead, manage, and train a crew of other employees. Ability to operate all tools and equipment safely is a must.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Horticultural Science OR industry certification
- Ability to perform all aspects of seasonal care for the properties including but not limited to: pruning, weeding, mowing, edging, mulching, pest management, hand watering, fertilization, flower installation and care, leaf removal, clean up trash and debris, snow and ice removal
- Excellent knowledge of pruning techniques for shrubs and small trees including structural, aesthetic, and corrective techniques based on season and plant type
- Strong working knowledge of integrated pest management techniques including pest ID, beneficial insects, chemicals, non-chemical methods, sprayer calibration, and proper record-keeping
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including hot, cold, rainy, windy, and snowy weather.
- Excellent teamwork, project management, and communication skills
- Assists in the selection, orders, and procurement of greenhouse plants, pots, and materials
- Match customer trends by supplementing annuals and seasonal plant palette using select vendors to purchase, schedule delivery, receive and display
- Assists in the orders and forecasts for tropicals, houseplants, succulents, vegetables and herbs
- Expert plant care; including watering, diagnosing diseases, fungus, insect and other pests, and overall plant health
- Participate in safe working practices
- Create a customer-focused sales environment that associates buy into and are excited about, ensuring the staff are creating a positive customer experience
- Implement procedures to ensure plant health, including watering and fertilizing schedule, and a maintenance plan for managing pests and disease
- Manage and require that all plants are tagged properly, received, and inventoried
- Identify and communicate operations and maintenance problems as needed
- Provide training and orientation to all new hire employees
- Work with vendors for delivery schedule, credits, and returns
- Two years of prior gardening experience and/or greenhouse experience
- Punctual in reporting to work on time each day
- Knowledge of annuals, tropicals, house plants and succulents
- Must be self-motivated, positive, customer focused with excellent customer service skills
- Creative, energetic, enjoys working outside and with people in the community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational efficiency
- Proficiency in administrative tasks
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and goals
Part Time to Full Time
- Dedicated and Hard Working
- Will work both indoors and outdoors
- Passion for gardening
- Ability to work well with others
- Good communication skills
- Able to operate a point-of-sale system
- Store upkeep and cleanliness
- Receiving inventory and pricing
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Strong work ethic